Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Almost flight time

Almost Flight Time

Yikes! It's almost time for my trip to NZ. I get pre-trip jitters, more like a caffeine rush style of jitters than butterflies in my stomach type, as I start thinking of what to pack, what to not over-pack, planning vs. improvising . . . . I don't worry about the travel itself. I've been blessed to have had great travel experiences that have taught me to enjoy the journey.

So, it is Christmas Day and I’ve gotten a cold 🙁 I am hoping it will clear up quickly. I am packed for a multi city trip - California, New Zealand, California, Pennsylvania (for the Library conference), then finally home to Texas. I’ll be gone for 33 days. 



This picture, taken by my nephew in NZ is the park about a block from his home. I’m looking forward to seeing it myself. My nephew and his family moved to NZ 7 years ago, and while we{ve used video chat to stay in touch, it will be great to meet f2f!

I have a rough itinerary for New Zealand: all on the North Island: Auckland ~2=3 days, Havelock North and the central North Island ~ 6 days; Wellington ~ 5 days; New Plymouth, ~ 3 days; then back to Auckland and a visit to the northern peninsula before flying home. 

Next stage: San Francisco for second Christmas with the Lennox clan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Wherein I get to indulge my passion for tea

Who knew there is a tea growing estate in New Zealand?  As Arlene and I planned our day trips around our base in Hamilton, we learned there ...