Thursday, January 2, 2020

Auckland, Briefly

Monday, 12/30/19

So yesterday’s post was a bit out of sequence, let me get back to the brief visit in Auckland. We arrived early Sunday morning (12/29/19). 

My great-nephew, Elisha, is studying to be a youth pastor at Carey Baptist College in Auckland and was preaching at his church that morning and I got the pleasure of seeing him preach, meeting his girlfriend, Grace ( also studying to be a youth pastor at Carey), and meet a number of his fellow church members. 


Elisha, Grace, and I picked up Arlene, got pies from the best pie shop in Auckland 



and had lunch on the beach at Mission Bay.




Sorry, foodie friends, I was so hungry I didn’t get pictures of the pies (chicken, Camembert, and cranberry - delish!), but there will be more pies to come. 

I’m afraid I was exhausted and went back to the hotel to sleep. 


12/30, Tuesday 

Still quite sick, but arranged to meet with Elisha and see some of downtown Auckland.  We went to the wharf, did a bit of sightseeing, and had lunch together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Wherein I get to indulge my passion for tea

Who knew there is a tea growing estate in New Zealand?  As Arlene and I planned our day trips around our base in Hamilton, we learned there ...