Monday, January 6, 2020

Family Time, 1/1/20

Family Time - Goof Up - 1/1/20

One of the more embarrassing moments of this trip was on New Year’s Day when I woke up to someone knocking on the door. I’m still really sick and now convinced I have conjunctivitis in both eyes. I open the door to this young lady, look at her thinking to myself “She{s a bit too old to be selling Girl Scout cookies,” and “Are there Girl Scouts in NZ?” She says hi, I say hi. She{s clearly waiting for something, so I say, rather grumpily, Can I help you? When my nephew Tom-Mike pops his head around the door and tells me this is Serah. I felt like such an idiot!!  

Meanwhile, Arlene has come out of her room and I turn to introduce her, and before I get anything out, Arlene says “Oh, Eileen, your poor eyes!” Segue to my post on the cold. 

Great first impression to make on my great-niece! 🙄

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Wherein I get to indulge my passion for tea

Who knew there is a tea growing estate in New Zealand?  As Arlene and I planned our day trips around our base in Hamilton, we learned there ...